Parsons School of Design. Alumni Association
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Summary Constance P. Brown attended the New York School of Fine and Applied Art (later, Parsons School of Design) from 1913 until 1917, and worked as secretary to Frank Alvah Parsons sometime in the teens or 1920s. The collection consists of postcards and a letter from Parsons to Brown, faculty announcements, school circulars and lecture advertisements, interior decoration class rolls, clippings from 1913-1934, and correspondence with the Parsons School of Design Alumni Association, 1944 and 1961.
Dates: 1913 - 1961; Majority of material found within 1913 - 1934
Abstract John Russo (1920-2012) graduated from Parsons School of Design in 1942 and taught at the school from 1946 to 1985. The collection includes printed examples of Russo's whimsical graphics, including fliers, invitations, and posters.
Dates: 1955 - 1983
Summary Included in this record group are publications issued on a regular basis by The New School, and schools, divisions and offices of the university, including publications of Parsons School of Design and Mannes School of Music dating prior to their affiliation with The New School.
Dates: 1920 - 2019; Majority of material found within 1970 - 2008
Summary The Parsons School of Design Alumni Association was incorporated in 1952 and continued until Parsons School of Design merged into the New School for Social Research in 1970. Records contain correspondence, financial records, minutes, photographic materials, printed materials, scrapbooks of clippings and subject files. Also includes documents generated by earlier alumni associations that the Alumni Association incorporated into its working files.
Dates: 1920 - 1970; Majority of material found within 1952 - 1970