Skip to main content

Parsons School of Design

 Organization

Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:

Albert Landa records

 Record Group
Identifier: NS-03-02-07
Abstract Consists of records generated by Albert Landa (1927-2008), who started in 1960 as director of Public Information and became vice president of Development and Public Relations at The New School, and then held the title of Vice President, until he retired in 1985. The records in this collection are notable because Landa was deeply involved in a rapid expansion of the university, overseeing the launch of the Center for New York City Affairs, the merger of Parsons School of Design with The New...
Dates: 1933 - 1985; Majority of material found within 1963 - 1985

New School Communications and External Affairs photographs

 Record Group
Identifier: NS-03-01-09
Summary This record group consists of photographic records created, commissioned and compiled by The New School's Communications and External Affairs office. The prints, transparencies, negatives and digital image files comprising this record group predominantly cover the 1980s through the early 2000s, although earlier images may date from the 1960s and 1970s. Photographic documentation includes campus facilities, portraits of faculty and administrators, Parsons School of Design classes and programs,...
Dates: 1930-2008

Parsons School of Design academic departments, programs and schools collection

 Collection
Identifier: PC-02-01-01
Summary Collection contains materials created by academic departments of Parsons School of Design. In addition to documentation of Parsons' main campus in New York City, includes materials originating from overseas facilities and affiliate schools, such as Otis Art Institute (California), Paris Ateliers/Parsons Paris, and Altos de Chavon (Dominican Republic).
Dates: 1914 - 2009; Majority of material found within 1975 - 2005

Parsons School of Design academic departments, programs and schools collection

 Collection
Identifier: PC-02-01-02
Overview Parsons School of Design was established in 1896 and became affiliated with The New School as the university's art and design college in 1970. New School Archives staff assembled this collection of audiovisual materials, exhibition catalogs, posters, publications, student work, and other assorted formats from multiple departmental transfers and personal donations by Parsons School of Design faculty, students and administrative staff beginning in 2009.
Dates: 1971-2017

Parsons School of Design course catalog collection

 Collection
Identifier: PC-05-01-01
Summary The Parsons course catalogs collection consists of publications from Parsons New School of Design and its affiliate programs, including catalogs for overseas schools, and continuing education and AAS programs. Catalogs include information regarding pedagogy objectives, school policies and admissions requirements, departmental and course descriptions, faculty and administration rosters, facilities, fees, and examples of student work. Materials for the years 1896-1912 consists primarily of...
Dates: 1896 - 2016

Parsons School of Design photograph collection

 Collection
Identifier: PC-04-01-01
Abstract Includes 1,425 photographs, contact sheets and negatives documenting Parsons student and campus life, including exhibitions, award and fashion shows, guest lectures, field trips, and campus construction projects.
Dates: circa 1920s - 2003; Majority of material found within 1970 - 2000