Parsons School of Design
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Consists of records generated by Albert Landa (1927-2008), who started in 1960 as director of Public Information and became vice president of Development and Public Relations at The New School, and then held the title of Vice President, until he retired in 1985. The records in this collection are notable because Landa was deeply involved in a rapid expansion of the university, overseeing the launch of the Center for New York City Affairs, the merger of Parsons School of Design with The New...
Dates: 1933 - 1985; Majority of material found within 1963 - 1985
Abstract This collection brings together material related to the overall administration of The New School from 1928-2008. It includes reports, financial information, board of trustees meeting agenda and minutes, and documentation prepared for accrediting through the Middle States Association of Colleges and School. The bulk of the material dates from the late 1940s-early 1960s and the 1990s-2000s. Of particular note is the report "The New School Study" of 1952, also known as the "Swift Report," which...
Dates: 1928 - 2012
Summary This collection contains student, faculty, and staff handbooks from The New School and various divisions and departments within the university. The contents of these guides cover student life, degree requirements, information about living in New York City, among other topics. Faculty handbooks offer teaching guidelines and regulations, while materials created for international students provide information on adapting to life in the United States.
Dates: 1983 - 2018
Summary Predominantly comprised of records produced by the Parsons School of Design Development Office, this collection documents fund raising initiatives, special programs, events, and alumni reunion plans. Other offices represented in this group are Admissions, Alumni Relations, Career Services, Public Relations, Publication Design, Special Events, and Student Council. One series, Dean of Students correspondence, is restricted. Please email email@example.com for details.
Dates: 1917 - 2007; Majority of material found within 1973 - 1999
Summary Prior to 1970, when Parsons School of Design existed as an independent entity, it was headed by a president and a powerful Board of Trustees. Upon the merger of Parsons with The New School, legal authority transferred to a central Board of Trustees for The New School and the Parsons board became a Board of Overseers. The collection includes minutes and reports from before and after the merger with The New School. Subjects frequently addressed include financial expenditures and development,...
Dates: 1912 - 2003