Eleanor Greta Suss student interior design renderings
Available digital items: https://digital.archives.newschool.edu/index.php/Detail/collections/KA013101
Scope and Content of Collection
Consists of two drawings of period rooms rendered in pen and ink and watercolor.
- Parsons School of Design. Interior Design Department (Organization)
- Suss, Eleanor Greta (Artist, Person)
Language of Materials
Collection is open for research use. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment.
To publish images of material from this collection, permission must be obtained in writing from the New School Archives and Special Collections. Please contact: email@example.com.
Eleanor Greta Suss (née Eleanor Greta) was born in 1919. She earned a BA from University of Delaware in the history of art and was awarded a scholarship for the American Studies Institute at the Winterthur Museum in Delaware. Suss graduated from Parsons School of Design in 1949 with a diploma in interior design, and received a post-graduate scholarship to attend Parsons' European Summer School, enabling her to study for three months in France and Italy. Upon her return from Europe, Suss joined the Army and served as chauffeur in the Motor Corps. Later, Suss studied art with Janet Rogers and Valfred Thelin at the Hilton Leech Studio in Sarasota, Florida. As of 2014, Suss was operating the "Eleanor Gallery" to exhibit her pen and ink drawings and watercolors. Suss credits her Parsons studies abroad as inspiring her to write a book on art and travel, which she completed in 2014.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to The New School Archives by Eleanor Greta Suss in 2014.
- Interior decoration -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- New York (Subject) (Places) Subject Source: Local sources
- Interior decoration rendering (Subject) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Renderings (Type of Material) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student projects (Type of Material) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Eleanor Greta Suss student interior design renderings
- New School Archives and Special Collections Staff
- May 19, 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description