KA. Kellen Design Archives Collections
Found in 162 Collections and/or Records:
Collection consists of Adele Mowton DuBreuil's diploma from the New York School of Fine and Applied Art (now, Parsons School of Design) in advertising display, a black and white photographic portrait of her after graduation, and 24 small, black and white photographic prints depicting her student graphic design work, 1917-1919. Most of the designs are advertisements for consumer goods; two are World War One propaganda posters.
Mary Adrienne Steckling Coen (1934-2006) graduated from Parsons School of Design's Fashion Design Department in 1958. In 1966, "Adri" --her professional name-- created her own line, designing under her own labels for the rest of her career. The records document Adri's professional life, with items arranged by year and season. Includes clippings and tear sheets, photographs, press kits, sketches, swatches, and video recordings.
Albert Hadley (1920-2012) graduated from Parsons School of Design in 1949 and served on the faculty from 1949 through 1954. Hadley later joined Dorothy "Sister" Parish to form the interior design firm Parish-Hadley. The collection includes correspondence, design and lecture notes, student work and a mock-up for a booklet.
Typographer Albert Schiller (1898-1970) created artworks using pre-cast metal type elements. The collection is comprised of 35 type pictures and printing samples featured in a 1976 exhibition at Parsons School of Design.
Includes prints numbered 43 and 184 from an edition of 220 created by Alice Halicka. Depicts the Place de la Concorde in Paris, including the Luxor Obelisk and a detail from the Fontaine des Mers, consisting of a naiad holding a fish.
The American Indian College Fund is one of the largest Native-run charity supporting Indigenous students' access to higher education in the United States. The collection consists of advertising posters created by the advertising firm Wieden+Kennedy for the American Indian College Fund.
The workbook that comprises this collection was used during the Amos Parrish Fashion Merchandising Clinic, held in New York City, January 6-10, 1930. The clinic was offered once and at times twice annually from the 1920s through 1955 to forecast the year's fashion industry trends. This workbook belonged to Howard Phillips, merchandise manager for Ernst Kern Department Store, Detroit, Michigan, and was annotated by Phillips.
André and Creators Studios were Seventh Avenue fashion firms that marketed their designs to clothing manufacturers by subscription. In the mid-1970s Pearl Alexander Lipman, André's co-owner and designer since the 1930s, retired, and André's design drawings were sold to Creators Studios. The collection consists of design reproductions created and distributed by the two companies between 1937 and 1972.