Skip to main content

Parsons School of Design academic departments, programs and schools collection

 Collection
Identifier: PC-02-01-02

Overview

Parsons School of Design was established in 1896 and became affiliated with The New School as the university's art and design college in 1970. New School Archives staff assembled this collection of audiovisual materials, exhibition catalogs, posters, publications, student work, and other assorted formats from multiple departmental transfers and personal donations by Parsons School of Design faculty, students and administrative staff beginning in 2009.

Dates

  • 1971-2017

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research use. Please contact archivist@newschool.edu for appointment.

Extent

8 Linear Feet (20 boxes, 1 oversize box)

Language of Materials

English

Descriptive Status

No publicly accessible container list or inventory is available at this time. Please contact The New School Archives if you are interested in consulting this collection.
Title
Parsons School of Design academic departments, programs and schools collection
Status
In Process
Author
New School Archives and Special Collections Staff
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin