New School course catalog collection
This collection consists of course catalogs from The New School, including continuing education courses, Eugene Lang College, the Dramatic Workshop of The New School, New School Art Workshops and the New School for Social Research, formerly known as the Graduate Faculty.
- 1919 - 2017
- New School (New York, N.Y.) (Organization)
For catalogs available in digital form, researchers must consult the digitized versions, which are publicly accessible online. Researchers wishing to consult the originals should write to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reason for the request.
29.7 Linear Feet (27 boxes, 505 digital objects)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
For selected item-level description and images from the The New School course catalogs, see The New School Archives Digital Collections at http://digitalarchives.library.newschool.edu/index.php/Detail/collections/NS050101.
No publicly accessible container list or inventory is available at this time. Please contact The New School Archives if you are interested in consulting this collection.
- Abrams, Charles, 1902-1970
- Adult education.
- Arendt, Hannah, 1906-1975
- Beard, Charles A. (Charles Austin), 1874-1948
- Benton, Thomas Hart, 1889-1975
- College publications -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Continuing education.
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965
- Egas, Camilo, 1889-1962
- Eugene Lang College
- Fromm, Erich, 1900-1980
- Horney, Karen, 1885-1952
- Hovde, Brynjolf Jakob, 1896-1954
- Johnson, Alvin Saunders, 1874-1971
- Kallen, Horace Meyer, 1882-1974
- Lerner, Max, 1902-1992
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990
- New School Art Center (New York, N.Y.)
- New School University
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997)
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997). Dramatic Workshop
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997). Graduate Faculty
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997). Robert J. Milano Graduate School of Management and Urban Policy
- Orozco, José Clemente, 1883-1949
- Piscator, Erwin, 1893-1966
- Saussure, Raymond de, 1894-1971
- Simons, Hans, 1893-1972
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula
- Urban, Joseph, 1872-1933
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1857-1929
- Wertheimer, Max, 1863-1941
- Wittels, Fritz, 1880-1950
- Wunderlich, Frieda, 1884-1965
- École libre des hautes études (New York, N.Y.)
- Guide to the New School course catalog collection
- In Process
- New School Archives and Special Collections Staff
- February 28, 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- March 6, 2019: New School Archives staff changed collection title from "New School course catalogs and bulletins" to "New School course catalog collection."
- July 5, 2019: New School Archives staff added ten course catalogs to collection.