Menswear and sportswear fashion catalog collection
A small collection of menswear, sportswear and department store catalogs spanning the late 1960s into the mid-1970s.
- 1967 - 1976
- Brooks Brothers (Firm) (Publisher, Organization)
- Parsons the New School for Design. Adam and Sophie Gimbel Design Library (Compiler, Organization)
- Paul Stuart (Firm) (Publisher, Organization)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (New York, N.Y.) (Publisher, Organization)
Language of Materials
All catalog text in English.
Collection is open for research use. Please contact email@example.com for appointment.
To publish images of material from this collection, permission must be obtained in writing from the New School Archives. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 box)
Scope and Content of Collection
The collection consists of catalogs issued by Brooks Brothers, Carroll & Co. (locations in greater Los Angeles), Chipp, Gokey (Saint Paul, Minnesota), Lew Ritter (Los Angeles), Neiman-Marcus, Paul Stewart, The Regiment, Robert Kirk, and Saks Fifth Avenue. They predominantly but not exclusively focus on menswear or sportswear. Christmas catalogs are also well-represented.
Organization and Arrangement
Arrangement is alphabetical by corporate name.
The provenance of this collection prior to its arrival and/or compilation in Gimbel Library is unknown.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Original seventeen catalogs transferred from the Adam and Sophie Gimbel Art and Design Library of Parsons School of Design to the Kellen Design Archives, 2012.
Future additions of store catalogs may be added to this collection.
This collection was formerly identified on The New School Archives's website as the "Fashion catalog collection," but was re-named in 2020 to better describe the content of the catalogs.
- Guide to the Menswear and sportswear fashion catalog collection
- New School Archives and Special Collections Staff
- April 22, 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description