The New School Schools of Public Engagement Office of the Executive Dean records
The Schools of Public Engagement was formed in 2011 with the reorganization of the New School for General Studies. As of 2016, the division was comprised of five schools: the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students (BPATS); the School of Languages; the School of Media Studies; the Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy; and the Creative Writing Program. This collection also contains the records of the World Policy Institute from the period in which it was affiliated with the New School, from 1991-2008. Dating largely from the 1990s until 2014, these records contain correspondence, memoranda, reports, budget and financial material, and faculty and personnel files relating to the administration and governance of the Schools of Public Engagement and their predecessor programs, departments, and schools. Some files are restricted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- circa 1976-2018
- Austill, Allen (Person)
- Dickey, Elizabeth Dunbar, 1946- (Person)
- Dunne, Linda (Person)
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997) (Organization)
Collection is open for research use. Files containing student records are restricted for 120 years after person's known or estimated birth (or group of persons, like a class). Files with faculty or other personnel salary, performance reviews, hiring information are restricted for 50 years from creation date of item (or last creation date in file). Please contact email@example.com for appointment.
17.6 Linear Feet (16 boxes)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
For selected item-level description and images from the Schools of Public Engagement Executive Dean's Office records, see The New School Archives Digital Collections at http://digitalarchives.library.newschool.edu/index.php/Detail/collections/NS020104
No publicly accessible container list or inventory is available at this time. Please contact The New School Archives if you are interested in consulting this collection.
- Administrative records.
- Annual reports.
- Course materials.
- Financial records.
- Institute for Retired Professionals
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New School (New York, N.Y.)
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y. : 1919-1997). Robert J. Milano Graduate School of Management and Urban Policy
- New School for Social Research (New York, N.Y.). Media Studies Program
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula
- Vera List Center for Art and Politics
- World Policy Institute
- Schools of Public Engagement Executive Dean's Office records, 1976-2014
- In Process
- Aaron Winslow and The New School Archives and Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note